What Is CBAP® And Who Should Take It?
The Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) is for working professionals in the field of business analysis. CBAP® is a widely accepted certification both in BA-related job requirements by employers and as an indicator of competency in business analysis by peers. The CBAP Certification Training is issued by the IIBA® (International Institute of Business Analysis™) who also publish the BABoK, which is widely regarded as a comprehensive resource of business analysis knowledge and techniques for new and established business analysts alike. CBAP certification salary in India, like any other job role, is determine by a variety of factors such as company size, reputation, location, work experience, and educational qualification.
A CBAP® certification is ideal for professionals who wish to establish themselves as highly effective and experienced in the field of business analysis. It is a validation that the holder has enough expertise in business analysis and equips to handle complex business dilemmas and initiatives. It also helps boost one’s resume as many business analysis jobs have the CBAP® certification as a must-have requirement. Naturally, some job roles are well align with what the certification offers, like:
- Business Analysts
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Consultants and Trainers in the fields of Business Analysis
- CCBA® certification holders and >7500 hours of professional experience in the knowledge areas as outlined in the BABoK
- Any professional with >7500 hours of professional experience in the knowledge areas as outlined in the BABoK
If you wish to learn more about CBAP Certification, check out our blogs related to CBAP Certification details and gain powerful insights.
It is not necessary to have a designation of business analyst to be eligible for the certification, but there are other eligibility conditions that must be fulfill. Eligibility criteria can be found at Senior Business Analysis Certification CBAP® | IIBA®
Benefits of CBAP Certification
Some of the key benefits of CBAP Certification are illustrated below:
CBAP Certification Salary
- Salary and Benefits: CBAP® professionals generally earn more than their un-certified peers. Also, on an average a CBAP® will earn more than other BAs across industries.
- Knowledge: Thorough knowledge on the IIBA® BABoK v3 is necessary to crack the CBAP® examination. This allows the experienced professional to familiarize oneself with the terminology and concepts of business analysis. It also allows the professional to apply the vast knowledge of the BABoK in their project deliverables and activities.
- Recognition: The CBAP® badge makes you stand out more in the sea of business analysis professionals. It gives you industry recognition and demonstrates your capability in the field of business analysis.
- Opportunities: Many business analysis jobs require a CBAP® as a must. It also makes your profile stand-out to compare to others as it is a highly recognizable certification in business analysis circles and multiple geographies and industries.
CBAP Salary Trends and Job Opportunities
As per the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) 2020 Global Business Analysis Salary Survey Report, business analysts who hold at least one IIBA® certification earn 13% higher than non-certified respondents. This gap is generally higher in cases of CBAP® professionals. In the same study, around 60% reaped benefits from earning accreditation within the first six months of working and the rest within a year.
The average salary of a CBAP® professional varies a lot across geographies, industries, and levels of experience. For example, the average salary of a CBAP® professional reported in India is around Rs. 1 million/year with salaries as high as Rs. 3 million/year. Whereas, in the United States the average pay is around $ 93k/year with salaries as high as $ 123k/year.
This is excluding the opportunities that can open up for a CBAP® professional e.g., freelancing work, consulting, training, coaching, etc.
In conclusion, the CBAP® is a highly sought-out certification for working professionals in the business analysis space with proven benefits. At the very least, you get access to a vast body of knowledge and a community. It helps improve your business analysis expertise, and with a good probability for higher pay and better opportunities.