Certification of competency, CCBA certification is the 2nd level business analysis certification awarded by International Institute of business analysis (IIBA) Canada.
This article will provide you all the details, you would like to know about this certification.
CCBA Certification Overview
Certification of competency in business analysis (CCBA) is one of the most reputed and recognised certifications in the world. This certification is for the mid-level business analysts with 3+ years of overall experience.
This certification evaluates your business analysis on the basis of your ability to apply business analysis skills in real-life scenarios.
Eligibility Criteria for CCBA Certification
The IIBA website specifies the eligibility criteria for this certification as follows:
- Complete a minimum of 3,750 hours of Business Analysis work experience in the last 7 years.
- Within these 3750 minimum hours required, a minimum of 900 hours must be completed in each of 2 of the 6 BABOK® Guide Knowledge Areas OR, a minimum of 500 hours must be completed in each of 4 of the 6 BABOK® Guide Knowledge Areas.
- Complete a minimum of 21 hours of Professional Development within the last 4 years.
- Provide references.
- Agree to Code of Conduct.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions.
- Pass the exam.
There is no criterion of having the designation of a business analyst. Your experience should be in the field of business analysis, even if your designation is NOT of a business analyst.
CCBA Certification SYLLABUS
The CCBA Exam is based on business analysis body of knowledge (BABOK) version 3. This book comprises of knowledge areas. The table below shows the weightage of each knowledge area for the CCBA exam:
|Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring||12%|
|Elicitation & Collaboration||20%|
|Requirements Life Cycle Management||18%|
|Requirements Analysis and Design Definition||32%|
CCBA EXAM PATTERN
CCBA exam is a multiple choice questions based exam. The questions are bassed on the BABOK guide. The number of questions are in proportion to the weightage of knowledge areas as mentioned above.
Some key points about the CCBA exam are:
- There are 130 MCQs.
- Duration of the exam is 180 minutes (3 hours).
- Each question will have four options.
- Every question will have one correct answer.
- There are no negative markings.
You can try a CCBA Mock test to know the type of questions asked in the exam.
CCBA Certification Cost
CCBA Certification cost is a combination of membership fees, application fees and exam fees. The membership fees depends on the country. The fees ranges from $505 to $575.
You can read a more detailed post on CCBA fees.
CCBA Certification Preparation
CCBA examination is not an easy exam to crack. So, the preparation strategy for CCBA certification should have a structured approach. Going through the BABOK guide multiple times, understanding the relationships among knowledge areas and practising with CCBA mock questions must be part of your study plan.
You can read CBAP preparation strategy, which is also applicable for CCBA exam.
CCBA Training program
Techcanvass offers CCBA certification preparation training program, which helps you to meet all the eligibility criteria. The key aspects of this training program are:
- It provides you 21-hrs of PD
- It’s an online weekends training program
- It includes a BABOK revision guide
- It includes a Free Question bank with knowledge area wise questions as well as full length tests
Wish you all the best for your success.